SUPERCHANGER® Plate And Frame Heat Exchanger
The SUPERCHANGER® Plate And Frame Heat Exchanger, sometimes referred to as a gasketed plate heat exchanger or GPHE, provides outstanding efficiency transferring heat from one liquid to another, often water to water, or from steam to liquid. This modular exchanger combines frames, plates and connections to form a variety of configurations. It is found in many of the same duties as shell and tube heat exchangers.
Promotes maximum heat transfer; induces scouring action that fights fouling or scaling
Fits into 20–50% of a shell and tube footprint including service and maintenance space. And, it costs less
Hundreds of plate styles, patterns and draw depths to precisely match your application requirements
Of less than 1°C (2°F), with “U” or “K “ values 3 to 6 times higher than shell and tube exchangers
Opens within its own footprint simply by loosening the tie-rod bolts and rolling the movable frame back to the support column
MAXIMUM FLUID COMPATIBILITY
Range of alloys, including titanium, plus variety of gasket elastomer compounds, to precisely match your fluid characteristics for maximum uptime
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PRESSURE DROP REQUIREMENTS FOR PLATE HEAT EXCHANGERS?
Submit your email address and we will send you our technical article where we take a look at the value of pressure drop across the heat exchanger.
RELATED PLATE & FRAME APPLICATIONS
- Heat exchanger duties wherever operating temperatures and pressures do not exceed 180°C (356°F) or 27.5 bar (400 psi)
- Space-limited process expansions
- Heat recovery from low grade waste streams
- Viscous fluids or slurries
- Industrial fluids suitable for high heat transfer rates at low pressure drops
RELATED PLATE & FRAME SERVICES
- Technical specialists at Tranter Service Centers have factory trained experience and know-how
- Providing heat exchanger service for all brands of plate and frame heat exchangers in our shops or in your facility
- Safe inspection and cleaning of plate and frame heat exchangers and gasket and plate replacement services, returning units to OEM condition and efficiency
- All work guaranteed by written warranties covering materials and workmanship
- Plate And Frame Heat Exchanger (Gasketed) Line Brochure
- How to Maintain a Plate And Frame Heat Exchanger (Gasketed) Brochure
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR THERMOFIT™ PLATES
- The highest NTU DN200 plate in the Tranter line.
- High turbulence for reduced fouling, superior thermal efficiency.
- Reduced unit size, weight and footprint—lower cost.
- Minimized plate width throughout the range of sizes.
- Reduced pressure drop—lower pumping load.
HOW THE SUPERCHANGER PLATE & FRAME HEAT EXCHANGER WORKS
In the Plate And Frame heat exchanger design, pressed corrugated metal plates are assembled in a pack and bolted in a frame. Between each pair of plates there is a rubber gasket, which prevents the fluids from being mixed and from leaking out of the plate pack to the surroundings. The plates hang from a top carrying bar and are located by the lower bar. All parts of the bars in direct contact with the heat transfer plates are made of stainless steel. In most cases the carrying bars are supported and held apart to the other end of the frame by a supporting column. The plate pack is sandwiched between a fixed frame plate and movable pressure plate, and is tightened to a predetermined overall length by lateral tightening bolts. By using different types of plates, with different characteristics, the exchangers can be adapted to a wide variety of applications. The exchangers can easily be disassembled for inspection, maintenance or even expansion by adding plates.