Why Specify Shell And Plate Instead of Shell And Tube?
The Tranter SUPERMAX® Shell And Plate welded heat exchanger enables you to obtain the thermal efficiency and compactness of plate and frame heat exchangers in elevated pressure/temperature applications. Until recently, heat exchangers in elevated pressure/temperature or corrosive media applications had to be shell and tube units. This meant constant tradeoffs in thermal efficiency, material mass and excessive physical footprint. No longer.
- Compact size. They require only 30–50% of the space of equivalent shell and tube exchangers.
- Versatility. They meet challenging application needs with liquids, gases, steam and two-phase mixtures, including aggressive media, organic solvents, steam heaters and as interchangers.
- High heat transfer efficiency. Turbulent flow induced by the corrugated plates enables them to handle temperature approaches of less than 1°C (2°F).
- Small hold-up volume. Fast start-ups and close following of process changes.
- Low maintenance. A natural scouring action helps keep plates from fouling. There are no tubesheet welds to crack, fail and cause intermixing