Reduce weight and space requirements necessary with shell and tube heat exchangers in vessels and on platforms.
Lightweight Tranter plate heat exchangers such as SUPERCHANGER® Plate And Frame or SUPERMAX® Shell And Plate for standard heating and cooling duties aboard vessels and platforms, such as:
- Heating ship service water
- Cooling electronic gear
- Deck heater service for viscous cargoes
- Heat recovery from hot condensate
- Suction heaters for heavy fuel oil
- Compact–fits into 20–50% of a shell and tube footprint including service and maintenance space.
- Lower metal mass and reduce hold-up volume for greater stability.
- Higher heat transfer coefficients for improved heat exchange performance, faster response.
- They can handle temperature approaches of less than 1°C (2°F), with “U” or “K “ values 3 to 6 times higher than shell and tube exchangers.
- Lower operating costs through reduced energy consumption.
- Lower purchase price, especially with higher alloys.
- Faster delivery time.
- Reduced maintenance dead space by eliminating need to pull tube bundle.
- Enhanced resistance to fouling.
- Installation possible through existing man ways or companionways.