Put geothermal heat to maximum use generating electricity.
- Geothermal source water is cycled through either SUPERCHANGER Plate And Frame Heat Exchangers or SUPERMAX Shell And Plate Heat Exchangers.
- The cold circuit is feedwater for steam generation.
- Dry steam, flash steam and binary cycle geothermal power plants can generate usable power when geothermal well water temperature is 175°C (350°F) or higher.
- In binary plants, a second, low-boiling-point fluid is pumped at fairly high pressure 34 bar (500 PSI) through the SUPERMAX Shell And Plate Heat Exchanger
- This fluid is vaporized and then directed through a turbine generator.
- The vapor exiting the turbine is then condensed within a second heat exchanger and cycled back through the first heat exchanger.