PLATECOIL® Prime Surface Heat Exchanger
Tranter PLATECOIL® Prime Surface Heat Exchangers are constructed from two sheets resistance-welded together, one or both of which is die-formed, comprising a series of passages through which a heating or cooling media flows. Panels are manifolded into circuits for precise heat exchange duties.
These highly versatile exchangers conform to ISO 9001 standards for design, manufacture and testing for either one-off, special fabrications or high-volume engineered subsystems.
More than 300 panel sizes are available:
- Widths ranging from 305 mm to 1090 mm (12 in. to 43 in.)
- Lengths spanning 585 mm to 3630 mm (23 in. to 143 in.)
- Variety of materials, gauges and finishes
- Connection options are 3/4 in. to 2 in. NPT or flange.
BETTER THERMAL CONTROL
Than pipe coil, half pipe, dimple sheet or gridcoil
MORE UNIFORM HEAT TRANSFER
Optimized flow rate and flow balance through the panels
HIGH MECHANICAL INTEGRITY
Low stress of the base metal during metalworking and weldin
Twice the surface area in a given space, at half the weight as equivalent pipe coil
SAVES BOILER FUEL
High heat transfer coefficient for optimal efficiency
Faster start-ups and better temperature uniformity through load changes
RELATED PLATECOIL APPLICATIONS
- Immersion heating banks
- Jacketed vessels, reactors or dryer shells
- Fluidized beds
- Gas phase heat recovery banks
Processors worldwide have used PLATECOIL to:
- Eliminate sparging for reduced water and steam consumption
- Capture waste energy from moist, wet flue gases at temperatures as low as 67°C (150°F)
- Recycle low-grade heat energy from drains
- Improve economic performance in existing tanks and vessels using clamp-on retrofits
- Sulfate chrome plating solutions
- Nickel plating
- Flue gas heat recovery
- Stack gas heating
- Sulfur remelting
- Asphalt emulsion cooling
- Thermosyphon and kettle reboilers
HOW THE PLATECOIL PRIME SURFACE HEAT EXCHANGER WORKS
Three styles of Multi-Zone and two styles of Serpentine flow configurations provide the right combination of flow rate and heat transfer rate with steam, gases or liquids.
PLATECOIL flow patterns applied for steam provide reserve capacity to compensate for intermittent overloads during start-ups, distributing steam virtually instantaneously to all levels of the plate.
PLATECOIL styles for liquid heating or cooling media, including hot oil or refrigerants, promote high internal flow velocities for high heat transfer rates.
ECONOCOIL® hydraulically expanded panels are a special PLATECOIL variant available in an assortment of single-embossed or double-embossed styles and sizes in serpentine or parallel passes. Titanium construction provides long service life where highly corrosive environments exist. Light-gauge titanium ECONOCOIL panels provide better thermal conductivity than units constructed from heavy-gauge material. High turbulence results in low scaling/fouling tendency on external and internal surfaces.