- Use cooled wastewater as a heat sink in a district cooling water loop in Örebro, Sweden.
- For efficiency, the exchangers must have a close temperature approach and a low pressure drop.
Two Tranter SUPERCHANGER Plate And Frame Heat Exchangers installed in a dedicated heat exchanger station.
- The two exchangers remove 18 MW of heat from district cooling water.
- Only 1-bar (14-psi) pressure drop.
- Temperature approaches of less than 1°C (2°F), with “U” or “K “ values 3 to 6 times higher than shell and tube exchangers.
- High channel velocity and shear stress reduce maintenance requirements for the waste water channel.