Quick Job Description
Function: Main Factory
Start Date: February 2020
Tranter, Inc – Factory
Wichita Falls, TX
We are pleased to announce that due to accelerated business growth, we have an immediate opening for a R&D Software Engineer – Entry located at our Wichita Falls, TX, facility. Please review the position description paying particular attention to the Skills/Competencies and Education/Qualifications/Experience requirements for this role.
This is a full time position and includes benefits including vacation, paid holiday, 401K, health, dental and life insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tranter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing and exciting company and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please email your resume to [email protected] for consideration.
Tranter Human Resources Team
Under direct supervision, assists with the development of scientific software applications. Focus is on creation and maintenance of the source code or application for commercial release. May include Applications Development positions as well. Works under direct supervision, and follows defined procedures/processes.
- Part of a global team
- Follow and achieve IT key metrics
- Application development projects must be secure and not put the business at risk through data loss or infiltration
- Application development projects are maintainable and are properly backed-up
- Application development projects meet defined requirements of the end user
- Deliver high quality application development analysis and meet project deadlines
- Help drive the lean enterprise system in IT processes
- Follow HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) and related work instructions and assist implementation of HSE regulations and policies
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Develop, install, maintain, and modify advanced scientific and/or engineering application programs. Work in this class is distinguished from that recognized in the ”entry” level by the sophistication of the analytical questions and judgments facing the employee in the maintenance or enhancement of large applications, and/or by the responsibility given the employee for the complete development of system modules for complex applicationsSupervise the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established safety standards, production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards
- Analyzing detailed business/functional/technical requirements and specifications for the application
- Coding internally developed applications and/or configuring commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using programming, scripting, and database languages
- Supporting application testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding application enhancements
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, databases, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Perform and/or assist with software installations of internally developed applications.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members as required.
- Provide training on internally developed applications to new company staff as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Effectively communicate with internal business partners, both orally and in writing in English (bi-lingual a plus).
- Maintain compliance with organizational Core Values
- Exhibit organizational Leadership Competencies
- Comply with IT & Tranter SOP’s
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Strong math and engineering skills for work on software systems
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with management, employees, vendors, clients, and the public
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a closely related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in application development and analysis preferred but not required
- Up to 1 years of experience as a C# Developer (C++ and Visual Basic)
- Experience with Database Principles; SQL Server, Stored Procedures and Function is a plus.