Reconditioning - Cleaning Heat Exchangers
In-Shop Service - Clean and regasket Plate Heat Exchangers
At Tranter Service Centers skilled technicians safely clean and regasket plate heat exchangers, returning them to peak efficiency. We guarantee our work with our own written warranties covering materials and workmanship.
When materials arrive at a Tranter Service Center, each plate is logged. For Tranter exchangers, we cross-check the factory database to confirm your original specs. We then conduct a very close visual inspection of gaskets and contact points to determine if there is any erosion or apparent change from the original spec, making sure that each plate merits reconditioning.
If plates are from another manufacturer, we attempt to determine if original specs still apply. Then, we determine the precise cleaning and treatment process needed. You will be informed if any plate is unserviceable and why. Then reconditioning begins:
1. Plates are pressure-washed and rinsed, then subjected to either hot caustic stripping and/or a manual procedure for gasket and scale removal.
2. Plates are then subjected to immersion in a variety of chemical baths, compatible with the plate material, to remove the balance of any fouling. Cleaned plates are 100% visually inspected and dye-penetrant tested for cracks, pin holes or material failure. Following this procedure, plates are again pressure washed and rinsed to remove all traces of the dye.
3. Plates are then regasketed with OEM-quality replacement gaskets. Tranter offers a variety of bonding methods—including mechanical bonding, non-hardening adhesive and epoxy—selected to meet each customer’s specific needs.
4. Plates receive a thorough quality inspection before they are carefully packed and shipped to assure they arrive at your plant ready for installation. Complete units are hydrostatically tested prior to shipment.
5. Tranter sequentially marks complete plate packs for ease of handling and proper orientation when installing plates. Current unit drawings are provided with each shipment.
After careful inspection a Service Center-refurbished plate pack is ready for shipment back to the customer.