Low-Cost Solvent Condensers Improve Throughput With Small Footprint And Easy Maintenance with Shell & Plate Heat Exchangers
Tranter Shell & Plate Heat Exchangers are improving performance and efficiency with batch reactors using one or more organic solvents and multiple condensers (primary and secondary condensers and vent condensers).
Compared with the shell & tube exchangers, the Tranter Shell & Plate Exchangers are providing:
- Lower purchase price
- Reduced structural steel requirements
- Faster response (shorter vaporization/ condensation cycle time)
- Higher plant capacity or throughput
In addition, maintenance overhead has been reduced, considering that the tube bundle-pulling process requires more labor and space than the Tranter removable core exchangers.
Thermal Response Improvements In Reactor Control Loops
Tranter Heat Exchangers are replacing slow-responding shell & tube exchangers in reactor thermal control loops. In use are either
Tranter Plate Heat Exchangers (gasketed) or Shell & Plate units. Tranter Plate Heat Exchangers, with their high heat transfer rates and smaller hold-up volume, can:
- Heat the jacketed reactor to the setpoint faster
- Control reaction temperature more precisely
- Conserve costly heat transfer fluids
- Get better yields
- Reduce energy consumption