Maintenance And Capacity Improvements In Vis-Breaking (Thermal Cracking)
Cracked residue contains considerable heat energy that can be recovered for preheating by
Tranter Spiral Heat Exchangers
These easily cleanable units can ease maintenance and downtime burdens.
Tranter Shell & Plate Heat Exchangers
can undertake preheating duties using the gas oil fraction, and are also effective as coolers of the light distillate vapor, particularly where column capacity increases have resulted in incomplete condensation.
Better Response And Efficiency For Fluid Catalytic Cracking
Tranter Spiral Heat Exchangers improve response, efficiency and service life as:
- Fraction coolers for several products, with long, controlled thermal length for good gas separation performance
- Regenerator overhead condenser of foul condensate/makeup water heaters
- Bottom fraction and clarified slurry oil coolers, with easy cleanability.
Efficient Control Of Waste Liquids Heating And Separation
Liquid waste treatment requires heated tanks. Tranter Prime Surface Heat Exchangers are versatile products for heating mixed waste, reducing viscosity to facilitate the settling out of solids. Large surface areas, as required, can be provided by a combination of internal banks and external prime surface panels. This also permits easy zoning of the heating surface.
Reducing Maintenance And Durability Burdens In Sour Water Stripping
Spiral units function well as:
- Stripped water cooler/feed emulsion heater interchangers and stripper reboilers that accommodate corrosive, foul-prone feeds with easy cleanability and durability
- Overhead stripper column condensers that separate water vapor completely while withstanding acid gas
Efficient Storage Tank Heating Saves Energy And Speeds Unloading
Tranter Prime Surface panels configured as suction heaters warm viscous products prior to pumping to speed unloading and save energy. Prime surface panels can also be clamped on externally, allowing total accessibility. When heating sensitive lube oil, an air gap is provided to prevent overheating.
Improved Condensibles Oxidation In Sulfur Emissions Control
Hot condensibles from the absorber column are steam-heated in a Tranter Spiral Heat Exchanger for oxidation and stripping. A Tranter Shell & Plate Heat Exchanger cools the sulfur dioxide/vapor, removing heat that can be used to preheat other streams in the plant.